MasterCard® and Virgin Atlantic set out to ﬁnd the true sultans of swing to join us for a three-day VIP golf extravaganza at Royal Liverpool Golf Club. It was a spectacular experience for everyone who played this special event with passion. Five of the ﬁnest sunk their shot at the round of a lifetime, but only one can be the most Virgin Atlantic Golfer.
From June 26, we want our Flying Club members to cast a single vote for your favorite answer from our ﬁve attendees that embodies the spirit of a true Virgin Atlantic Golfer.
The chosen one will then be nobly featured in July’s Well Red, where they’ll recount playing Royal Liverpool Golf Club and all the excitement of their VIP experience.
Voting closes on July 10 at 11:59 pm EST and you can only submit one vote, so let’s hear who you think is the most Virgin Atlantic Golfer. We’ll announce the winning golfer in July Well Red.
Virgin Atlantic Airways “Patrons Day” Competition
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- The Contest. The Royal Liverpool Golf Club is hosting Patrons Day, a full day golf event and clinic on the Royal Liverpool Golf Club’s course, the home of the 2014 British Open, and Virgin Atlantic Airways, Ltd. (“Sponsor”) is looking for five (5) of the most Virgin Golfers, to fly each of them to Liverpool to participate in the event on June 17, 2014.
- Agreement to Official Terms and Conditions. By participating in this Contest, contestants agree to abide by these Official Rules. Any contestant or winner who violates these Official Rules is subject to disqualification at any time at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Eligibility. Participation is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States of America and the District of Columbia who are at least 21 years old on Wednesday April 30, 2014 and a Flying Club member on April 30, 2014, and have a valid passport as of the date of entry that allows for unrestricted travel to the UK. Contestants are subject to all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void outside of the 50 United States of America and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, any agencies involved with administering the Contest, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter.
- How to Enter. Between 12:01 PM, Eastern Time (“ET”), on Friday May 9, 2014 and 11:59 PM, ET, on May 16, 2014 (“Contest Period”), contestants can enter the Contest by submitting an entry on Sponsor’s “Patron’s Day” contest landing page on the Sponsor’s website. All entries must contain contestant’s full first and last name, Flying Club number, golf handicap, a valid email address, and the contestant’s best golf story in 400 or less letters and/or numbers. All submitted information is subject to verification. Contestants omitting any of the foregoing information shall be disqualified and deemed ineligible to win.
- Prizes. Five (5) Prizes: Each Prize consists of round-trip Economy tickets to Manchester, England for winner on Virgin Atlantic from the major airport nearest winner’s home serviced by Virgin Atlantic, three nights single room hotel accommodation, ground transportation between airport and hotel and hotel and Royal Liverpool Golf Club, meals each day (as determined by Sponsor) excluding alcoholic beverages, and entrance to the Patrons Day event on June 17, 2014 consisting of one round of golf and golf clinic. The total travel dates of the prize are June 15-18, 2014. (Approximate Retail Value per Prize: $3,000). Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of the Prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Once tickets are issued, they are non-endorsable and non-transferable. As with all tickets, arrangements are subject to availability and space is capacity controlled. Winner is responsible for any and all transportation to and from the Virgin Atlantic US gateway airport. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight.
No Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles or Partner miles or any other frequent flyer miles or limousine transfers will be awarded for travel. Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles cannot be redeemed to upgrade the flight. Winner must abide by and be subject to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s published Conditions of Carriage, which are available on www.virgin-atlantic.com and from any of Sponsor’s offices, and the terms and conditions set forth in the passenger ticket contract. Sponsor’s flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Tickets cannot be combined with any other offer or promotional fare from Sponsor.
All expenses and travel costs except as described above, including but not limited to transportation to or from departure airport, tips, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, baggage fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, visa, passport and insurance requirements, state, federal or local taxes of any kind, or other expenses are solely the responsibility of winner. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Terms and conditions of all tickets apply. Specific seat locations will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to the flights. Winner will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the Prize. Actual value of Prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Any portion of the Prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by winner will be forfeited.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007 all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information please visit the State Department’s consular website www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website www.dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced women traveling under names other than that printed on their travel documents must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree. Sponsor will not rebook or revise any reservations for the winner if winner or travel companion does not possess a valid U.S. Passport by date of departure. Sponsor is not liable for any loss or damage caused by incomplete or missing travel documentation.
- Selection of Winners. On May 20, 2014, Sponsor will select five (5) winners from the eligible entries received during the Contest Period on the basis of originality (40%), creativity (30%), and aptness to the theme of being the most Virgin Golfer (30%). The five (5) entries receiving the highest scores based on the foregoing criteria will be deemed the winners. Sponsor’s decisions in all matters are final and binding.
- Notification. Sponsor will notify the potential winners by email sent to the email address provided to Sponsor at the time of entry. If a potential winner fails to accept within 24 hours after being emailed, is determined by Sponsor not eligible to win, or fails or refuses to complete, sign and deliver to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility, and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days of Prize notification, and fully comply with the Official Rules, Sponsor will select an alternative winner. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Participation in the Contest and acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Contest Entities (as defined in Section 10 below) are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter or participate in the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other contestants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. CONTESTANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND/OR ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY “CONTEST ENTITIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION OR TRAVEL, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, OR ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE, MISUSE OR NON-USE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY AND MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. CONTESTANTS AGREE THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE, PRIZE AND/OR THE CONTEST, AND DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE CONTEST. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CONTEST ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO CONTESTANTS AND WINNERS FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $5.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AS PERMITTED BY LAW. THE CONTEST ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING OF THE OFFER OR ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR THESE OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANY PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INABILITY ON THE PART OF THE WINNER OF A PRIZE TO TRAVEL AS SCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS, FIRE, NATURAL DISASTER, INDUSTRIAL OR LABOR DISPUTE, WAR, TERRORIST ACTIVITY, HOSTILITIES, POLITICAL UNREST, RIOTS, CIVIL COMMOTION, OR ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES.
- Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the City of Norwalk, State of Connecticut.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF CONNECTICUT WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of Fairfield in the State of Connecticut. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- Winner’s Name. To obtain the identity of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after May 20 but before June 17, 2014 to: Attention: Patrons Day Contest, 75 N. Water Street South Norwalk, CT 06854.
- Sponsor. Virgin Atlantic Airways, Ltd., Registered Office: The Office, Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9NU, UK (having its US place of business at 75 North Water Street, Norwalk, CT 06854).